
My grandson Jeremy's second grade class has been reading The Emperor's Egg this week.I have read it along with him and must admit that I have really enjoyed the story.
As a special project Jeremy's teacher assigned each child to write a penguin story.The assignment was given on Monday and due today.
At first, our grandson balked at such a big project.The story had to have at least 10 sentences,a cover and an illustration.Each afternoon after school I supervised as he worked on the assignment.He titled his story Fred The Emperor Penguin.He wrote 14 sentences.Seems like once he started writing he didn't know when to stop.I had him write a rough draft Tuesday afternoon, then he wrote the final copy yesterday afternoon.He worked through the project with his own ideas and words.I was there to keep him on task.It was fun to watch him create his own story.
He was so proud of his accomplishment and so am I!
The Emperor's Egg is such a wonderful story.I recommend it to everyone of all ages.
1 comment:
I love children's books!
Post a Comment