Yesterday we drove down to Bristol TN to take in the Speedway In Lights at Bristol Motor Speedway.We went last year and really enjoyed it although it rained some.This time it was cold but thankfully no rain or snow.
I was rather disappointed that as hard as I tried,most of my pictures did not take.A few took and this is one of them.
Last year we got out at the infield and walked around.Didn't do it this time since it was way too cold.
The one thing that our 7 year old grandson looks forward to is the drive on the concrete oval that the race car drivers drive on during a race.The embankment is unbelievable.What a feeling to be riding in the car and the car tilted sideways so high up.The vehicle in front of us was having fun on the oval so our daughter who was driving decided to go up higher on the embankment.All I can say is that I know that I would never drive up there like that.Watching the Bristol races on TV does not show how steep the embankment is.You have to drive on it to realize how steep it actually is.
2 comments:
I would be a nervous Nellie on the embankment of a Nascar raceway! I'm glad you had a safe ride! Merry Christmas!
Sounds like a lot of fun. My son in law would of loved it. He's a big fan and races stock cars himself.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment