Since it is a snowy day here in the mountains of southern West Virginia I thought I would show two beach scenes.
These two pictures were taken at sunset from my balcony at Virginia Beach on Thanksgiving day.I love the colors of the sunset.It got darker a little earlier at Virginia Beach than here at home since Virginia Beach is further east than we are.Sunrise and daylight came earlier there but thankfully the blackout room drapes kept the room dark so the grandchildren could get plenty of sleep.Sure didn't want our 4 year old granddaughter up at the crack of dawn.
I took lots and lots of pictures on our getaway so I have plenty to share in the days to come.We also went to a naval museum and got to go on the deck of the battleship USS Wisconsin.We stopped by The National D Day Memorial on our way to Virginia Beach.The D Day Memorial is located in Bedford Virginia.On the way home we stopped at a civil war site.
2 comments:
Lovely pictures Nancy! Makes me want to travel to the beach soon!
Lovely beach pictures. I sure the snow is just as pretty softly falling to earth.
Post a Comment