We left last Monday evening for our getaway to Virginia Beach.This picture was taken from our breach front hotel balcony.The dates for the pictures messed up on my camera so please disregard the dates.I fixed the dates after realizing that they date listed was almost a year off.
Virginia Beach puts on a holiday lights display every year during the Christmas season.You ride on the boardwalk to see the lights.This is the only time of the year that cars are allowed on the concrete boardwalk.You pay a $10 admission fee which goes to charity.The cars ride on the boardwalk single file.We picked the night before Thanksgiving to take the ride on the boardwalk to see the lights.There wasn't even a wait.Glad we went then since the wait for the cars got longer and longer as each night progressed.
I took some pictures as we drove on the boardwalk but most of them did not turn out.Glad the pictures that I took from our balcony turned out really nice.
We had a wonderful time in Virginia Beach.The weather was nice although on the cool side.Most days it was in the upper 40's to low 50's.The day after Thanksgiving it was in the 60's.Lots of people were out and about on the boardwalk and beach that day.I will post pictures and more about our trip as the days go by.Since I took lots of pictures I have plenty to share regarding our trip.Even some sea gulls posed for me!
2 comments:
What a breathtaking picture. Sounds like a wonderful place to spend the Thanksgiving holiday.
Wonderful picture! I didn't notice the date on the picture, and went back to see!
Post a Comment