Sunday, December 14, 2008

Playing On The Beach


Our grandchildren love playing in the sand on the beach.I took this picture when they were playing and building in the sand.The weather was just right for them to be playing in the sand.


Our granddaughter wasn't exactly dressed to be playing in the sand but that didn't stop her.What amazes me is how at home they are on the beach.We are land locked and at least 300 miles or more from the closest beach.At least they knew this time that the weather was too cold to get in the water.They loved getting in the water when we were at Foley Beach in SC back in August.


The more I think about it the more I realize that I love going to beaches during the off season.I don't care for the water all that much.I love the sound of the ocean waves,watching the sea gulls and just enjoying the lovely scenery that God has made.I enjoyed the water when I was younger.Now is the time for me to enjoy the beauty of the beach.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

What a sweet picture! I love going to the beach in the winter as well. And, I love the sound of water.