Friday, December 5, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Day Adventures


I took this picture from our hotel balcony looking down the beach at Virginia Beach.I love the color of the water and sky!What a view on Thanksgiving morning.When I first looked out our balcony door I noticed a lot of people were out jogging.There aren't any in this picture since it was taken a little later.I am thinking that it must be a tradition for people to get out and jog on the boardwalk every Thanksgiving morning.


Since we were spending Thanksgiving in an area where we had never been we were in a quandary as to where to eat our Thanksgiving meal.Our daughter brought her lap top along so she got it out and did a search of restaurants in the area.Most were closed but a few were open.


She found that Shoney's was open and serving a Thanksgiving Buffet.We have a Shoney's in our area where the food is quite good.She was able to get directions on the website that was to take us directly to the restaurant.We needed the directions since none of us was familiar with the Virginia Beach area.


We decided to eat around 2 thinking that the restaurant wouldn't be crowded.We start out on our adventure not really knowing where we were going.We followed the directions and kept going down roads in a very nice lake side residential area.Low and behold we get to the street where the restaurant was located.No restaurant.....the directions took us to someones lovely home in the upscale neighborhood.We got such a laugh out of that.


Thankfully our daughter remembered the road that the other Shoney's was located on and remember seeing an exit off of one of the major roads that had a road by that name.We were able to find the other restaurant location on our own.We are wondering if someone might have hacked into the Shoney's site and

put in directions to a friend's house as a joke.We kept saying that the directions led us to Mr.Shoney's house,lol.I was also wondering how many other people have been misled by the bogus directions.

We had a nice meal then headed back to the hotel.We went out for a walk on boardwalk and some rest and time in the indoor pool.

Since we ate early in the afternoon everyone was getting hungry around 7.As we already knew there weren't many places open.We kept seeing billboards for sandwiches at WaWa which is a gas station-convenience store with an area where they make freshly prepared sandwiches.We don't have WaWa in our area but I remember seeing them when we were in Maryland back in May.The three adults each had a sandwich made which were quite good.Both grandchildren weren't very adventurous with their eating.They each got a hot dog.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving day with many laughs added in.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I often wondered how difficult it would be to find a place to eat on thanksgiving Day if you didn't cook. Glad all turned out well. Your picture is beautiful. I love beach scenes.