Sunday, May 25, 2008

Around and Around We Went


Our area is having our annual Mountain Festival.Yesterday afternoon on the spur of the moment we decided to take our grandson to the carnival which is a big part of the festival.He rode most of the rides by himself.I decided to the give the Tilt A Whirl a try once again.A few years ago we went to Tweetsie Railroad amusement park in Boone NC.I rode the Tilt A Whirl with our grandson then and said I would never ride it again.I was "green" when I got off of the ride.
How fast I forget since I rode the Tilt A Whirl once again yesterday.I am once again saying never ever again.I loved that ride when I was a young girl going to carnivals but since I am now a grandmother that ride does not agree with me.My body felt like it was whirling for a couple hours after I rode the ride.My hubby rode the Scrambler yesterday with our grandson and he was also not feeling too well after that ride.Our grandson was feeling great after both rides and continued on to ride other rides.
No more Tilt A Whirl for me.We are going to Disney World in August.I will not be getting on any spinning rides.Hope I remember that in a few months!

5 comments:

dot said...

I couldn't help but laugh at you riding the tilt-a-whirl! I always enjoyed the rides too when I was young but the last time I got on the octopus I begged the man to let me off. When that didn't work I started threatening him. Finally he let me off. lol. The rides are definitely for the young.

Andrea said...

I have never been able to go round and round on any of those rides. When my husband and I were dating in the 70's we went to Six Flags over Georgia and rode MO MO the Monster. I was so sick and so I never rode it again. I used to get on the Scream Machine, get off and run back to get back in line. I am now older and wiser so I do not care for those rides anymore. You were brave to try it again. I sure would not have.

Nancy said...

Andrea..I also went to Six Flags OVer GA back in the 70's.I loved The Scream Machine and Mo Mo The Monster that you mentioned.I would also get off of The Scream Machine and get back in line to ride it again.The roller coasters now days are way too fast for my liking.The last fast roller coaster that I rode was back in 1989 and it bothered me afterwards.

Linda said...

Sounds like fun except for that tilt spinning thing. I'm not much for rides they make me sick - especially the spinning ones. You are very brave to try.

Happyone said...

I'm not crazy about spinning rides either but I LOVE roller coasters!!