
I've been busy working in my yard.The above picture is what a yucca plant should look like.Wish mine did.I've been working hard on mine getting the dead growth out.
I need to do some online research on the proper care of yucca plants.There are at least 15 yucca plants on our back hillside.We have lived here 10 years now and they have grown and grown and grown.They are looking rather shabby right now so my project is to get them looking better for the summer weather ahead.
I should take some "before" pictures of my yucca plants then hopefully the "after" pictures will look much better this summer.
4 comments:
Not meaning to insult but I hate those things. There is one I have to mow around and if I could get the mower on it I'd cut it down. lol. They are pretty when they look like the ones in your picture but most of the time I think they are ugly.
We have had such rainy dreary days that I haven't done any yard work. Just now it seems to be clearing up and we are getting a few peaks at the sun.
I'm not familar with those plants - they look pretty in the picture.
The first time my husband went to America (when he was still "a good friend"!!), he saw yucca plants for the first time!! He loves them!! It is too wet here for them to grow...but at the Botanical Garden they have many...they remind me of home on the plains of Colorado!!
I cannot enlarge to picture for closer viewing. I am not sure what I see but if it is what I think, some of my neighbors have some. Like I said, IF it is what I think it is, my neighbors cut them down to the ground back either in the fall or sometime in the winter. I think that might help them put on new growth in the spring.
Post a Comment