
I took this picture a year ago on April 15th.I thought for sure that we would wake up to a scene such as this but we didn't.It was snowing big flakes of snow when I went to bed last night.Our back deck was covered so it was a great surprise when I got this morning and there wasn't any snow to be seen any where.They had been predicting 1-3 inches of snow.
It is cold today.The temperature is only 40 as I write this.We had to turn the heat back on in our house.We got to turn it off last week for the first time since it had warmed up nicely.Last Friday we set a record high of 82.By the end of this week we are suppose to have days in the 70's.
This weekend was the first weekend of soccer season.Our grandson has a game on both Saturdays and Sundays for the next month.It was a cool windy morning for the 9 AM game on Saturday.The children were able to wear their uniforms but come Sunday they needed to dress warmly.Our grandson wore sweatpants and a sweatshirt under his soccer shirt.We were quite cold on the sidelines.I even had winter gloves on.I wanted to be prepared since the wind is rather cold coming off of the mountains when the temperature is in the 30's and 40's.It was only in the 30's Sunday with a brisk wind.Thankfully the rain and snow held off till after the game was finished.
2 comments:
You probably don't want to hear this but that sure is a pretty winter scene. It's cold here too but no snow and I'm sure it's not as cold as it is there.
It is pretty, but I would't want to look out and see that in April!!
Did your grandson win his game?
Post a Comment