Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Evening Walk

I just came in from taking my evening walk.I try to walk at least 1/2 hour every evening as long as the weather cooperates.I've been walking in my back yard and use it sort of like a track.I go round and round and round.Sometimes I vary my walk and walk around to the front of our house and then on around to the back yard.Since gas is so high I haven't wanted to drive to the park to take my walks like I was doing last year.I really miss walking in the park.Maybe I should do that once or twice a week just to change things up.

While walking I listen to songs that I have downloaded on my I-Pod.I have a mixture of country,oldies and Gospel music.This evening one of the songs that came on was Long Black Train by Josh Turner.I really like that song.I wanted to read the lyrics so I did a Google search and found them.Thought I would share them here:

There's a long black train, Comin' down the line, Feedin' off the souls that are lost and cryin', Rails of sin, only evil remains Watch out brother for that Long Black Train Look to the heavens You can look to the skies You can find redemption Staring back into your eyes There is protection and there's Peace the same, burnin' your ticket for that Long Black Train 'Cause there's vict'ry in the Lord I say, Vict'ry in the lord, Cling to the Father and His holy name, And don't go ridin' on that Long Black Train There's an engineer on that Long Black Train, Makin' you wonder if the ride is worth the pain, He's just a waiting on your heart to say Let me ride on that Long Black Train, But you know there's vict'ry in the Lord I say, Vict'ry in the Lord, Cling to the Father and His holy name, And dont go ridin' on that Long Black Train Well, I can hear the whistle from a mile away, It sounds so good But I must stay away That train is a beauty, makin' everybody stare But its only destination is the middle of nowhere, But you know theres vict'ry in the Lord I say, Vict'ry in the Lord, Cling to the Father and His holy name, And don't go ridin' on that Long Black Train I said cling to the Father and His holy name And dont go ridin' on that long black train Yeah, watch out brother for that long black train The Devil's a drivin' that long black train.[Thanks to Jim Seiberling, Keith Madison for corrections]

4 comments:

dot said...

The preacher at a church I used to go to sang that one night. He did pretty good too.
Now that the weather is hopefully improving maybe you'll be able to walk more.

Andrea said...

Long Black Train is a beautiful song. Looking at Josh Turner you would not think that sound would come out of his mouth.

It is beautiful here too. I have been trying to walk more since the evenings are so nice.

Linda said...

I don't think I've ever heard the song - I will have to listen out for it.

Susan in SC said...

Aren't iPods wonderful? I always listen to a book on mine as I run errands. Long Black Train is such a beautiful song - what a voice that Josh Turner has! I am not a country music fan but I do like to hear him sing.