Sunday, April 20, 2008

How To Make Fudge

My almost 7 year old grandson Jeremy told me yesterday that he wanted to make fudge.The request surprised me since he has never mentioned wanting to make any type of food.

He had seen fudge being made on a childrens' show that he had watched.I asked him how he would make fudge.The following is his recipe:

chocolate
1 bowl
1 spoon
1 pan
a hard spatula for getting the fudge out of the pan

You mix the chocolate with the spoon.Then you pour it in the pan and place it in the refrigerator.When it is hard you get it out of the pan with the hard spatula.

Sorry to say but I didn't have all of the ingredients to make fudge the correct way so we ended up making brownies instead.He enjoyed watching how the different ingredients when added change the color of the batter.

6 comments:

dot said...

Cute recipe!

dkuroiwa said...

The simplicity of a child's thinking is a constant source of entertainment for me!!! Love it!!
Now...I'm thinking I might need something sweet to eat....will try to fight that urge as it is almost 11:00 at night....mmmmmm....fuuuuuudddgggeee!!
:-D

Linda said...

Sounds like you and your grandson had lots of fun. I think I'm hungry for fudge!

Susan in SC said...

How cute! Deniska loves to make brownies - it's his "specultee"! Susan in SC

Happyone said...

That is so cute. How uncomplicated things are for kids. :-)

Andrea said...

My grandson loves to help me in the kitchen. I have not made fudge in a long time but you just made my mouth water for some.