Friday, April 11, 2008

Early Spring


This is what early Spring looks like in our area of southern West Virginia.Just took this picture.I wanted to document in pictures how long it will take for the leaves to come back on the trees.You can see a hint of the leaves coming but it is still rather bare in the woods behind our house.


Tulips are now in bloom around our area.I have really enjoyed seeing all of the Spring flowers on our car trips around the area.


In the forefront of the picture is one of my yuccas.This one is really full and doesn't have the brown stems like most of the others have.I am steadily working on them.I cut two way back to see if that will help them any.Took pictures of them so I can tell if they come back fully or not.


For Valentine's Day I posted a picture of a tree that was decorated with hearts located here in our town. It was so sad to hear this week of the passing of this lady who took time out to have her tree decorated for every special holiday.She was a philanthropist and donated to many worthy causes in our area.She is sadly missed by her family and our community.I noticed yesterday that a black cloth is draped around the tree with her initials on the cloth and flowers placed at the base of the tree.

6 comments:

Linda said...

It's hard to believe that the leaves are still coming out in other places. Everything is green and blooming down here in the south and my allergies have been driving me crazy.

dot said...

I noticed a big difference in how green every thing was here today. So now it's going to rain and turn cold again!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear of the passing of this sweet lady. Her decorating will be missed by her community.
Our area is green and growing. Flowers are blooming, and pollen is blowing in the wind.

Andrea said...

Our grass is so pretty and green. My husband spread fertilizer and then it rained and wow the grass is growing. I love Spring and Summer.

Happyone said...

We have finally had some nice warm days. I spent some time yesterday outside in the front.

I am sorry to hear about your neighbor dying. I'm sure you will all miss her and her decorating of the tree.

Susan in SC said...

How sad the town is losing one of their beloved citizens. Is everything that green where you are? We have spots of green - especially our automobiles due to pollen! Susan in SC