Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Book Fair Time


This is a picture of our grandson Jeremy.It was taken a few weeks ago on their hotel balcony in Myrtle Beach SC.
Today is the kick off day for his school's book fair.Our grandson is in first grade and doing great.His mommy(our daughter) asked him who he wants to take him to the kick off book fair celebration.He said Nana and Diddy(that is what he calls hubby Ken).
Tonight at the book fair will be a tour around the world.Each classroom has been assigned a country.Each child will receive a passport as they enter the school.Their passports are to be stamped as they visit each classroom.
Our grandson's classroom was assigned Australia.I was able to help some since I am blessed to have a few things from Australia.I believe it was back in 1999 I participated in a swap on a homemaking list that I was on.My swap partner was from Australia.I received some really nice things from Jennifer.I have an Australian boomerang that is still in the plastic wrap.There are instructions on the wrap as to how to use the boomerang and the history of the boomerang.I also had a refrigerator magnet from Perth Australia and some pictures to send in.I would have had more things but back in January I was cleaning out my closet and came across the box where I had the things from Australia stored.I went through the box and threw away a calendar and a grocery store ad and a newspaper from Australia.Would have been nice to send those in too.
We want to get our grandson the book by Dr Seuss There's A Map on My Lap at the book fair.Our grandson is fascinated with maps.He studies maps online and off.He loves to go to Google Maps online and study different cities and states.He should do really well in geography.
Will update tomorrow concerning our "travel" through the countries.

3 comments:

Happyone said...

What a nice idea for the Book Fair kick off.

I would love to visit Australia some day.

Andrea said...

Very nice of you to share your items you have from Australia. I am sure that makes Jeremy feel good that his Nana has things to help his class. Hope you have fun at the kick off.

dot said...

He's a very cute little boy! I think it's nice that he likes maps. Rather unusual for a child his age.