Tuesday, January 11, 2011
How I spent Yesterday Afternoon
You are looking at how I spent yesterday afternoon.I shoveled the driveway all by myself.I am so proud of my accomplishment.Just me and my shovel:)
The shovel is beside our car along with scraper for the car.I had forgotten to bring out the broom to clean off the car.Didn't have my car keys in my pocket so I couldn't use the scraper on the car since it was inside of the locked car.My plan was to get the driveway shoveled then go inside and get the broom and my car keys.Didn't want to go back in and get the broom sooner since our dog Max thinks he should be outside walking on his leash.That means I would be walking our dog and not shoveling the snow.
We learned last winter to park our car at the far end of the driveway near the street so that there wouldn't be as much to shovel to get our car out.That has really worked better for us.It's enough hard work just getting the driveway shoveled around our car at the far end.
I got the car cleared off after I finished shoveling the driveway.I then needed to clear off what came off of the car.Wanted to take a picture of everything cleared off but never did get around to that.I was rather tired when I got it all finished.
We are under a Winter Storm Warning starting at 6 PM this evening.We could get 6-12 inches of snow through Thursday morning.That snow would be added on top of the 8 inches of snow that we got last weekend.Some of that snow has melted but not all of it.
Since the beginning of December we have now received 40 inches of snow.December was the snowiest December on record.Wonder if we will break the record we set last winter of 82 inches of snow? That is one record we don't want to break but we are well on our way.
I have embarked on a healthier way of living since the first.I am watching what I eat and moving more.I know the shoveling would be good for me.I was tired afterwards.Not even sore today which really surprises me:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love the snow picture! We are very cold (wind doesn't help) and since we had some light snow yesterday, things are white outside.
Hugs!!
Post a Comment