Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July



I took these two pictures last night during our area wide Fourth of July Fireworks display.It was held after our local professional farm team's baseball game.The date varies every year since the fireworks are held either on the 4th or the closest date to when the team plays here at home.If you click on the pictures and enlarge them you will be able to enjoy all of the array of colors.The bursts of color don't show up as well in the smaller pictures that are posted.Click on them....enlarge and enjoy!!1


We took our grandson to see the fireworks.We didn't attend the baseball game since last summer when we took him to a baseball game he kept asking us when the game would be over so we could leave.We ended up leaving before the game was over.


Since we didn't know what time the fireworks would start since it depended on the time the game ended we got there about an hour before the fireworks started.There were a lot more people there this year so I am thinking that more people in our area are staying home for the holiday.Another factor is that a neighboring town is no longer having their fireworks display due to traffic concerns.


We are having a rainy day.Too bad yesterday's weather didn't last on into today.It was bright and sunny in the low 80's with a nice breeze.Perfect weather for the beginning of July.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yes, I think people are staying closer to home with the gas prices so high. I have a condo reserved and paid in full for a full week in September at Gulf Shores, AL. I just hope we can afford gas to get down there. A part of me wants to say LOL but a bigger part of me thinks it is NOT funny at all.

Linda said...

We didn't even go to the fireworks - didn't want to sit in traffic 2hours afterwards. I miss my old house - there we could sit on the porch and watch them. My husband took a video of them the last year we lived there. I really miss that!

dot said...

I would love to go to fire works but getting into all that traffic is not for me. I guess I should have bought my own!