Saturday, July 12, 2008

On The Road Again.....


We just got back from another trip.This was an impromptu trip.Our daughter Kimberly wanted to go down to the Smoky Mountains Pigeon Forge area so went along and shared the costs.


It was a fun trip.We decided to stage another picture like the one we took last year.It is very hard to get our 3 year old granddaughter to sit still for a picture.I kept snapping pictures and hoping at least one would turn out.Her older brother Jeremy was holding on to her so she wouldn't get away but she managed to escape.


We did a few things on this trip that we had never done in that area.On Wednesday our daughter Kimberly,grandson Jeremy and hubby Ken went to the Dollywood Splash Country Water Park while I stayed with granddaughter Mariah.We knew that she was a little too daring to trust her around so much water and so many people.Mariah and I had a nice time together taking a walk and eating lunch out.Their water park excursion was cut a little short due to thunderstorms developing in the area.The three of them had a very nice time.It was in the 90's that day so it made for a great day at a water park.


Thursday evening daughter Kimberly and I went to a murder mystery dinner theater.The show was titled American Idle.Here is a link for the theater:



Coming home we drove over the Great Smoky Mountains National and on to The Blue Ridge Parkway in Cherokee NC.The ride on the parkway was so relaxing.We got on at the southern most entrance to the parkway.We drove for about 5 miles before we saw another car.We are thinking that most people don't drive it all the way to the end in Cherokee NC.We got off of the parkway in Asheville NC.We were hoping to get a view of The Biltmore Estate.We got as close as to the entrance but never saw it.They charge around $50 to enter the estate grounds but we couldn't see paying that much with two young children not understanding they couldn't touch anything in the castle.
It was a fun trip.Now we are back home relaxing till our big trip to Walt Disney World on August 9th.We are counting down the days.....

3 comments:

Happyone said...

Welcome back. Sounds like you all had a great time and now have something else to look forward to. :-)

Linda said...

Love those adventures. I have a 2 and 3yr old grandchild. I completely understand trying to get them all to look at the camera at the same time. I almost always end up with a picture with lots of difference faces. Yours turned out great.

Andrea said...

Sounds like y'all had a great time. Must be nice to take a trip and still have another one to look forward to. Our family vacation is scheduled for September 13 - 20 at the beach in Gulf Shores, AL. My husband and I are talking about running away one weekend soon after he finishes a deadline on one of his jobs the end of this month.