My dad was a World War 2 veteran and my husband is a Viet Nam veteran.I have a special place in my heart for veterans and our current military.One of my new year's resolutions is to remember those that are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.I had read in the USA Today newspaper about a wonderful organization called Any Soldier.They have a website which is anysoldier.com.
I have decided that I will write and send special care packages to female soldiers and their comrades.I want the women to feel special and let them know that they are not forgotten.There is a shortage of female hygiene products and products we take for granted such as bath wash and bath sprays.Those sort of products go a long way in helping them feel more feminine.
It will be an added bonus if I hear back from any of the female soldiers but I know they are busy and I just want to brighten their little corner of their world.
I'll update as my project progresses.So far I have the names of two female soldiers in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.I have written to the two in Iraq and will be writing to the female soldier in Afghanistan.
4 comments:
That sounds like a real worth while project. Just pick your items to send very carefully. We sent a bunch of stuff to my husband's son when he was over there. He got back home before he got the package. Then when the package got back to us almost everything in it was broken or crushed where it was unuseable.
What a wonderful, worthwhile project, Nancy. I'm proud of you for thinking of this.
That project sounds like a great idea. I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing for such a wonderful cause.
What a great thing to do!!
I am going to look into it too.
Post a Comment