Thursday, January 3, 2008

Winter Wonderland


We have been experiencing a winter wonderland here in our are of southern West Virginia.We have had about 7 or more inches of snow.We measured 5 inches of snow yesterday but some melted thanks to the sun.This morning I measured 6 inches so I know we added a few inches above the 5 from yesterday since some of it had melted.


It is also very cold.Yesterday we had a high of 15.Today it has gone up to 20 which means that the roads continue to be icy.We haven't been anywhere since New Years Day.

5 comments:

Susan in SC said...

The snow is beautiful! Glad you don't have to get out in it to travel!! Susan in SC

dot said...

It has been very cold here also but no snow.

Andrea said...

Yesterday's high here in the north west Georgia area got up to 29. Today it got up to 39. The lows were in the teens each morning. But NO SNOW :( I WANT SNOW.

Hope you are doing all right. Stay warm! And enjoy that snow. Make a snowball and throw it for me. :)

Unknown said...

I always love your pictures, Nancy. They always make me feel so happy.
I no longer enjoy snow. After the awful ice storm I feel only fear at the thought of snow/ice.
Hugs,
Dianne

Maisie said...

Wish we had snow like that here at the moment, with the cold winds you just want snow.