I figured that sometime during those three months I would need to report.The weeks would come and go during the three months.I was never notified to come for jury duty.Needless to say I was a little disappointed.I've been a registered voter since I was old enough to vote and have never served on a jury.We are fortunate that the federal building in located in our small town and it's only 2 miles from our house.I feel for those that were called for jury duty that lived quite a distance away.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Jury Duty
Back in the middle of September I received notification and information concerning being selected for federal court jury duty.I was to be in the jury pool from the beginning of October to the end of December.If I was to report I would receive a letter the preceding week to come in the following.Information concerning parking and mileage pay was included too.
I figured that sometime during those three months I would need to report.The weeks would come and go during the three months.I was never notified to come for jury duty.Needless to say I was a little disappointed.I've been a registered voter since I was old enough to vote and have never served on a jury.We are fortunate that the federal building in located in our small town and it's only 2 miles from our house.I feel for those that were called for jury duty that lived quite a distance away.
I figured that sometime during those three months I would need to report.The weeks would come and go during the three months.I was never notified to come for jury duty.Needless to say I was a little disappointed.I've been a registered voter since I was old enough to vote and have never served on a jury.We are fortunate that the federal building in located in our small town and it's only 2 miles from our house.I feel for those that were called for jury duty that lived quite a distance away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry you didn't get your call. I guess most people don't like jury duty but I enjoyed it when I had to serve. Mainly because I had a break from my job. lol
Several years ago I had to fill out one of those forms but they never called on me. I did have to report for our county jury duty a few years ago. I was chosen to serve on an armed robbery case. It was interesting. My husband has served two different times, one a malpractice suit and another was a child molestation case. I could not handle that kind of case.
Post a Comment