Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Fog Delayed Visit


This is a picture of the fog in our area yesterday morning which delayed the arrival of some celebrities to our town.


For a few months our town has been preparing for the visit by Dr Phil McGraw and his wife Robin.They were coming to our town for a visit to kick off the Toys For Tots National Christmas Toy Collection Campaign.They were invited to come here and help kick off our local campaign.They visited two local charities that work with disadvantaged children and made contributions of toys and various other things.


Their visit was taped to be shown on their Christmas show.Don't know when that will be but hopefully our area will be alerted so we will know when to watch.


The fog was so bad at our small local airport that their landing was delayed.They were able to fly over our area and enjoy the beautiful mountains and scenery.Too bad our foliage was past peak in color.


I took the picture of the fog in our area when I went outside to pick up the newspaper from our driveway.

3 comments:

dot said...

I'm not a Dr. Phil fan at all but I still found this a very interesting post. It's nice to know he tries to do some good in the world.

Andrea said...

We had a heavy fog yesterday morning also. I got a few pictures I will post later. Today I posted a stained glass window from our church since it is Sunday and I am heading to church.

Lesley said...

I hope you have clearer skies today, Nancy? Fog is my very least favourite weather. I'm claustrophobic, and I just hate it when I can't see further than a few feet outside. Luckily we haven't had any so far this year.