Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Days Fly By


I didn't even realize that the last time I posted was last Tuesday.Last week ended up being a very busy week.


We took our grandson to the yearly Model Train Show held in our area over the weekend.He loves trains and has been a THOMAS TANK ENGINE fan since he was around 2.He has lots of the battery operated Thomas trains and track.We have one of our spare bedrooms set up with track for him to run his trains.


We took him to the train show last year and he loved it.He was a little disappointed in the train show this year since none of the train displays had a Thomas Train running.Guess the grown men didn't think of the thrill of a 6 year old seeing at Thomas train running on a train track along with all of the other trains.


I took several pictures of the different layouts and some of my grandson at some of the layouts.He doesn't look too thrilled in the pictures because of his disappointment that Thomas wasn't running this year.


Now that I look back on last week we were so busy from Tuesday on.Tuesday was Election Day which meant that schools were closed.Our school system uses it as the day for parent teacher conferences.We spent some time with our grandchildren while their parents went to the conference.They got a good report so we were happy about that.


Wednesday and Thursday we had our car worked on then Friday we had an out of town day trip.Hopefully this coming week won't be quite so busy.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I was wondering if something was wrong with you since you have not posted in a while. Missed you and glad to see you back posting.

Glad you had a good time with your grandson. My grandson loves trains too.

dot said...

I love trains too! In June we took 2 of the grandkids to ride on the Blue Ridge railroad. One of them is crazy about Thomas the Train also.

Front Porch Society said...

My father would have enjoyed that model train show. I remember as a child he built a model train set for us kids. I think he played with it more than we did! lol.