Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Cold Again


It has turned cold once again and a mention of snow flurries is in the forecast.If we get any snow there isn't suppose to be any accumulation.


It took this picture while out trick or treating with my grandchildren.It really caught my eye.Glad I had my camera with me so that I could snap this picture.


Today is election day and schools are closed.Our school system uses the day for parent teacher conferences.Our 6 year old grandson has been talking about Appalachian Day and we had no idea what it was.Yesterday he asked if tomorrow is Appalachian Day.Then it dawned on me that his first grade teacher had been talking to the class about having election day off.He was mistaking Appalachian Day for election day.I thought that was so cute.He knows he lives in The Appalachian Mountains so his teacher saying election day sounded like Appalachian Day.Glad that mystery is solved.


We took our grandson to see The Bee Movie on Saturday.The three of us really enjoyed the movie.I had read a review in The USA Today newspaper that panned the movie.We do not agree with the review.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Is The Bee Movie worth going to see? McDonald's is promoting the movie through their Happy Meals. That makes children want to go see the movie.

The fall display is a nice one.

Nancy said...

Andrea,
We highly recommend The Bee Movie.It was a very enjoyable movie for both children and adults.

Front Porch Society said...

Never heard of The Bee Movie. Huh, must be a new one...of course, I am never home much to watch tv either since I don't get home from work usually until midnight.