Monday, November 8, 2010

Fun Times with puppy Max


We have had Max two weeks now.He is slowly getting adjusted to our home.This picture was taken Saturday morning after we had some snow overnight.Most of it had melted thanks to the sun.I believe we had about an inch of snow which was our first snowfall of the season.

What joy it is to have a puppy when Daylight Savings Times ends...NOT.Max is still on Daylight Savings Time but hubby Ken and I aren't.Max wakes up at his usual time which is an hour earlier now thanks to turning the clocks back.Needless to say we have been losing an hour of sleep the last two nights.Guess it would make things simpler if we went to bed an hour earlier but we want Max to get adjusted to the time change.Until he does I guess we will be getting less sleep.

Max has thrown a few challenges our way.He was suppose to be a dog for my hubby Ken and grandson Jeremy.Well Max has taken a liking to me and seems to be my dog.I have to walk him during the day.Hopefully he will take a liking to Ken soon so that he can do some of the walking too.I don't mind walking Max but he is rather strong and can really pull on the leash at times.

I walk Max to the fenced in area at the back of our yard to run around and do his business.He loves to run and hop and can move rather fast.Ken was playing with him and I was suppose to be watching the open area where we take Max into the fenced area.The gate is broken so one of us stands there.I was standing there watching them play and Max ran right past me! I was dumbfounded that he would do that.He was running loose in the part of the yard that wasn't fenced in.I called for him and he came right back to me and ran into the fenced in area.Wow we were quite pleased with his response.

Our dog Bub who died last June would try to escape the fenced area then run through the neighborhood.We would have to chase him down.Glad Max hasn't gotten that brave yet:)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dogs are like children! It takes a while for them to get adjusted. About the time they do get adjusted, it's time to change the time again!
Max is a great looking dog!