Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy One Month Adoption Anniversary


Hard to believe that we adopted Max 4 weeks ago today from the no kill private cat and dog shelter.Seems like we have had him longer than that.It also seems like he has grown quite a bit in the month that we have had him.

Max has adjusted so well.He has really taken to me so I guess you would say that he is my dog:)

He takes Ken in stride.Don't know what it is but it is taken awhile for Max to warm up to Ken and he was suppose to be Ken's dog! He adores our grandson so we are thinking that maybe a grown man had mistreated him.Another theory is that the owner of the shelter is a female so maybe he might just be more fond of adult females and not adult males.

Max loves to run in the back pen.He allows Ken to play with him there but once we are back inside Max once again fears Ken.I have never seen a dog run and jump like Max does.He is very fast and loves the exercise.He seems to be a very happy dog and has come a long way in the past month:)

Happy one month anniversary Max.We love having you become a member of our family!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you have Max in your family! It's my belief that every family needs a pet....especially a dog (since I'm a "dog person"!!)

Susan in SC said...

Max is a lucky dog to have you both! And, I might add, a SMART dog to know that you are the one to love!