Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Granddaughter Mariah


Yesterday was granddaughter Mariah's 6th birthday.Here she is beside her cute Cinderella Ice Cream cake.She was born 6 years ago on a Saturday which fell the day before Halloween like this year.

It was a busy day.After her party she and her big brother Jeremy had to get ready for Trick or Treating.Here in our small town rural area they decided to hold Trick or Treating on Saturday evening which really works out better for everyone.

Our daughter and family live in a neighborhood that gets lots of Trick or Treaters.Since we live on a hill we may get only a few trick or treaters so we buy candy and take it to our daughter's house.That way they have plenty of candy to give out.

The hours for trick or treating were from 6-8.It was still daylight out when we started at 6.Grandson Jeremy got tired a little early so I headed back to their house with him.His daddy had stayed at the house to give out the candy.His mommy and one of her friends continued on with younger sister Mariah and the friends children.

I remember way back when I was a child how we didn't go out trick or treating till it got dark which was around 6:30 or 7.We were allowed to stay out till around 8:30.We couldn't wait till it got dark to get out and trick or treat for candy.One house gave us a banana every year.

One thing in our grandchildrens' trick or treat bags that I thought was rather odd was a piece of political mail.There are some hotly contested races in our area so I am figuring that this household wanted to get their candidate's message out.I honestly think that trick or treat bags is not the place for promoting your political candidate.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Happy Birthday Mariah!