Thursday, June 18, 2009

Walking On The Trail




I used my cellphone camera to take pictures as I was walking on the trail in our city park this past Sunday.Last Saturday was the first time I had walked on the trail.It has been open for about a year and I never took time out to explore the trail.I enjoyed the walk so much on Saturday that I headed back out on it on Sunday.
The bottom picture was taken before the top picture.You walk up and around about half way on the trail.Then you head down the path that the top picture shows.
Volunteers built the trail last year.You can tell by walking on the trail all of the work that was put into blazing the trail.Bikes are allowed on the trail too but so far I have only seen one biker.

I had no idea that the trail was so nice.Wish I had tried it sooner.Haven't been back on it since Sunday since our weather has been so rainy this week.As you can see it can be rather lonely on the trail.Haven't seen too many people on it which is a shame.We have needed a trail like this I sure hope more people will take advantage of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a very nice trail! Is there lots of shade?
Have a great time in Philadelphia!

Susan in SC said...

What a pretty trail to walk. Is it far from your house?