I just got in from my walk around the block and thought I would write about it.Since this blog started out as a way for me to track my walking I thought that I would get back to writing about my walking.
You are probably wondering what the picture I posted has to do with walking.This is the road across the street from our house that is at the beginning of my walk.I have decided to add in this hilly route to give me more of a challenge.
I start by walking across our street to the hilly road.It is a very scenic secluded walk.The road goes up then flattens a little before it winds around and starts going down hill.I am then at the flat road below our street.I cross the street and walk on the sidewalk.
I get to walk a little ways on the flat sidewalk before reaching our hilly street.It is then uphill to our house.
I tend to walk a little too fast when I am by myself and boy do I feel it when I am walking up the hill to our house.I am hoping that the more I walk it that the better I will be feeling while walking that route.The hill up to our house is strenuous for me.Hoping that after walking that route awhile that it won't feel quite so strenuous.Sure will be nice not having to dread the hill at the end of the walk.
My 8 year old grandson suggested that we walk the hilly route the other day.Since he wanted to walk that route I was game.When I walk with him I tend to walk slower since he can't keep up with my faster pace.I measured my steps when walking with him.I accumulated 2300 steps on the walks with him.While walking that route alone I accumulate about 1800 steps.The funny thing is that I had no idea that I would accumulate more steps by walking slower,lol.
I walked that route Tuesday morning by myself then my grandson wanted me to walk it with him after school that same day.Didn't walk that route yesterday due to the weather.Wanted to get the walk in today before the rain comes again.
No comments:
Post a Comment