Sunday, June 14, 2009

Flag Day




Today is Flag Day here in the USA.We have our flag flying.I am upset to find that our small city of around 10,000 is not flying the flags today.Don't know what happened but our city is always flying the flags on all special patriotic days.I will be calling city hall in the morning to voice my opinion in the morning.I am thinking and hoping that it is an oversight.Too bad it isn't a day that city hall is open.I am sure that once I called about the oversight that the flags would be flying.That won't happen today since it is a Sunday.
I want to share a website that has the lyrics to It's A Grand Ole Flag and information concerning Flag Day.Please click on the following link:

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Nancy - it's sad to see that Flag Day is not be observed as it once was. I think America has lost a lot of its patriotism. Please do call City Hall tomorrow!