Saturday, May 30, 2009

Soccer Season


Today is my blogaversary.Thought I should post something so thought I would write about our grandson's soccer season.


Our soccer season has gone into overtime due to the rainy weather we have experienced in May.The season was suppose to end tomorrow but will extend into next weekend.


It will be a bittersweet time since the girls and boys will be split into single sex teams starting next season as they move up to the next age bracket.Our grandson has been playing with some of the same girls since he started playing soccer 4 years ago.I can remember that it was 4 years ago since at the time our granddaughter was a year old and she will be turning 5 this fall.The boys and girls on the team are all 8 years old and it has been so nice watching them grow up over the last 4 years.I am really going to miss the girls.One season our grandson was the only boy on the team but that didn't matter to him or the girls.They all got along really well.


Most of the boys on their team came along within the last two years so you can understand why I have such a fondness for the girls since he has been playing with them longer.There will be a team party next Sunday.It will be sad knowing that our grandson will no longer be playing with the girls.They all attend the same school and will be moving up to intermediate school together.The odd thing is that our grandson has never been in the same class in school as any of the other children on the soccer team.Who knows,he might be in the same class as some of the girls on his team next school year.That would be nice:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look how Jeremy has grown! Happy blogaversary!!