Monday, April 20, 2009

My New Hanging Basket


We went to the garden center at Lowe's over the weekend.Oh the pretty flowers they had.


It was way too soon to look at flowers since our last frost date isn't till May 10th.We were at Lowe's to find cactus for our grandson's school project.We found the cacti that Jeremy liked but then it was on to better things...looking at all of the lovely flowers.


I came across this lovely hanging basket and had to have it.I learned my lesson last year when I saw a hanging basket that I loved.At that time I said that I would come back in a few days and get that hanging basket.I went back and they had sold out of the lovely hanging basket that I so loved.


This time when I saw this lovely hanging basket I bought it even though we can still have some frosty nights.I will need to remember to bring it in whenever the temperature is going to drop in the 30's at night.


I had never seen flowers with such pretty colors.This flower is called Viola.The tag states that it grows fast so we will see what happens.


Our grandson loves going to the garden center at Lowe's so he enjoyed looking at the flowers with me and especially all of the garden water fountains on display.
Now the problem is to keep the second grade fingers away from the thorny cacti in Jeremy's desert project.

This will be the first of many visits to Lowe's garden center this Spring and Summer.We will return.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty Nancy, I'm glad you didn't wait till later. Viola's don't mind a little chill, so you should be just fine. They are like pansies, and don't mind a teeny bit of frost. So enjoy! But they might not like it when summer gets too hot, so don't be surprised if they fade in the heat.

Susan in SC said...

These flowers are lovely Nancy. I can see why you would want to bring them home with you. I love to look at Lowe's too!

Unknown said...

My mother-in-law had Violas and I loved them!! Now I want some, too.