Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Snowy Day


We are experiencing our first major snow of the season.The snow started yesterday evening and continued on through this morning.The sun has come in and out during the day along with some intermittent snow showers.We have about 5 inches of snow now.


I took this picture this morning from our back deck.Schools in our area are closed due to the snowy weather.We are in the mountains which means that the roads can be quite treacherous in snowy weather.Thanks to the sun coming in and out we haven't had to do any shoveling.The snow has melted off of our driveway.It has been a cold day in the upper 20's.We are staying home today.Tonight it is going down to 15...brrrrrrrrrrr.

6 comments:

Page said...

That's a beautiful picture, Nancy. I can't imagine snow already.

Susan in SC said...

This is beautiful Nancy! I am so, so jealous of your snow!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I beautiful picture of Nancy's snowy hill! Thanks for sharing, I always enjoy them.

Linda said...

Beautiful. We don't have snow here. But it is cold. We had our first freeze last night. November is a bit earlier for the south.

Susan in SC said...

You've been tagged Nancy! Check out my blog for details! Thanks!

Susan in SC said...

Apparently, I tagged you 2 times Nancy! I have 2 tags going on. Read both of them! Thanks!!