Thursday, June 26, 2008

Childrens Summer Reading



I've been reading news reports concerning children losing a lot of what they learned over the summer.

Our grandson has been staying with us and we have made it a point to read a book a day.He is a very good reader and we want that to continue.I found that on the Scholastic website there is a summer reading program for children.You can set up an account and log the child's summer reading there.Here is the link:

www.scholastic.com/summerreading

They have suggested books for a child to read but a child can read any book and log it in.So far our grandson Jeremy has read 10 books and they are books that we have here at our house.For every 4 books that a child has read Scholastic will donate a book to a reading program.

I posted the picture of the above book since it is a book that Jeremy has enjoyed.It came in a child's meal at Chick Fil A.I love the way Chick Fil A gives children educational things in their meals.

3 comments:

Linda said...

My grandkids love reading. One of them is beginning to learn to read by herself. I think its great that they love to read.

Happyone said...

Great idea to get the kids reading over the summer. My kids always joined the summer reading program with the library.

dkuroiwa said...

My boys and I LOVE that book...but....we love Click, Clack, Moo even more!!! My boys don't read English YET but they understand it so we read so many books!!!