Didn't realize that it had been 2 weeks since I last posted on here.We were away the week before last then last week our grandson spent the week with us so I have been busy.
We were in Pigeon Forge TN the week of our 35th wedding anniversary.The picture I have posted is a picture of a flag at a bank that was taken across the road from our hotel.Hubby and I had a wonderful time in Pigeon Forge TN although it was rather warm when we were there.We arrived on our anniversary.We ate at a nice restaurant then went to the Tennessee Shindig Show which was a wonderful way to spend our 35th anniversary.We went to other shows and did some shopping at the outlet mall on the other days.
Since returning home our weather has turned cooler.It had been in the 70's but now it is inching its way back into the 80's.
We are counting down the days till our Disney World vacation but we don't want to rush the summer.Our grandson returns to school the week after our Disney Vacation.Hope the heat and humidity aren't too unbearable in Florida.
I just hate to see all of the flooding that is happening in Iowa,Illinois and Missouri.We are about 2-3 inches below normal so far for this time of the year.We could really use a nice rainy day.
2 comments:
I think the last time we went to Pigeon Forge was maybe in the summer of 2001. We used to go every summer and got burned out so we started going to Panama City Beach. Got burned out there so last year we went to Gulf Shores, AL and loved it. I made reservations for the same condo back in January for our family vacation there again this year. I cannot wait to go.
I haven't been to Pigeon Forge in many years. I did love it when we were there. I would like to go back. I live in Florida - and it has been hot and humid for a while - and sorry to say - it will continue - so prepare yourself. Dress cool - wear lots of sunscreen- drink plenty of water - and put your hair in a ponytail or wear a hat. But despite all that heat and humidity you'll have a great time because it is a beautiful place to be.
Post a Comment