This is a recent picture of our cat Casey.I was thinking that I hadn't posted her picture but had posted the pictures of our other two cats Sneaky and Twinkie.If I had already posted her picture,oh well,here is another one,lol.
Haven't been posting since I have taking it easy trying to get over this head cold.I have felt miserable and sure will be glad when it finally leaves my system.
One thing about having a cold is that you can't taste anything.I have used that to my advantage and gotten back to watching my carb intake more closely.The scale is going down once again.I am so thrilled to see that.I few years ago I followed the Atkins way of eating...watching my carb intake.I lost 43 pounds and felt great but still had more to lose.Little by little I added back carbs which caused my weight to go back up some.Thankfully I didn't re-gain all of the weight that I had lost.
The end of April I started walking but I wasn't cutting back my carb intake like I should have.I lost inches and about 10 pounds since the end of April.I was hoping to have lost more after getting more active.Now that I am watching what I eat more closely and more active(once this cold is gone) I should do much better with losing weight.I do so much better not eating lots of carbs and feel like I have that under control again.I am eating protein,vegetables and salads and feel very satisfied.
4 comments:
Sorry to hear you still aren't feeling back to normal. Your cold has been really sticking around long.
How I maintain my weight is by portion control which I am a firm beliver in. I eat whatever I want just not as much as I want. I have been the same weight for the past 6 years. I also keep a food journal and write down everything I put in my mouth. However we do it, to lose weight and keep it off we must burn more calories than we take in. There is no easy way. :-)
Hope your cold disappears here soon! It really is not fun when you cannot taste or smell anything.
Hi Nancy! I'm not sure how old the Hershey's container is. It was in a window in a little soda shop I went to yesterday.
I've found the older I get the harder it is to lose weight. I've been trying since January and have only lost about 8 pounds. I walk about 25 miles a week and I've been walking for years but I'm not so sure it helps that much. Mostly I've cut back on what I eat and I don't keep sweets in the house because I can't resist them.
Hope you get over that cold soon!
Sorry the cold is lingering on. Maybe it is not a cold but allergies instead. With Fall in the air, it could be allergies you know? Hope you are well soon.
Post a Comment