Friday, August 13, 2010
Pittsburgh Zoo
On the way back home from Canada we stopped over in Pittsburgh PA for 2 nights.We wanted to break up the long drive home.
While in the area we wanted to go to their zoo since our grandchildren were with us.Using the Navigator program on my Blackberry I asked for an easy route to the zoo.We wanted to avoid the traffic on the interstate roads.We were taken through downtown Pittsburgh which was so nice.
Downtown Pittsburgh has roads made of bricks.So very historic looking.We loved being in downtown Pittsburgh and since it was a Saturday the traffic wasn't too bad.Another area that we drove through looked to be their China Town area.It had such a nice appeal to it.
We found the zoo without any problems.Don't know what happened but the Navigator took us a different route back to our hotel.This time we were on their different interstates with a closed tunnel thrown into the mix.I have never been in such a traffic mess in all of my life.I have lived in major cities so that is saying a lot!
We wanted to do some other things in the Pittsburgh area but thanks to the tunnel being closed and the traffic mess, we decided to stay put at our hotel and leave directly from there.
I will post more zoo pictures in another post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment