Monday, October 15, 2007

Nice Fall Weather


This is a picture of our dog Bub.He is a mutt that we adopted from the animal shelter 9 years ago.He was a year old at the time so that means that he recently celebrated his 10th birthday.He is a very active dog for being 10.Bub and our 6 1/2 year old grandson are buddies.


Don't have many fall pictures yet since our leaves haven't changed much.Saturday I thought I was taking pictures but was I ever wrong.I had forgotten to take my memory card out of the computer so I was snapping away with my camera but not really doing anything without the memory card.My grandson later reminded me that the memory card was still in the computer,lol.


It was such a pretty day today.We went up to 79.I did some walking outside this afternoon.This morning I went to the mall to get my hair cut.After my hair cut I walked through out the mall for exercise.


I am starting to feel more energetic after this long bought with a cold and sinus problems.Today I decided that I will just log my steps and mileage in the book I keep for that purpose.I get too hard on myself when I don't write every day with how I am doing with walking.Since I haven't been feeling too well I haven't been walking much which meant my posting slacked off too.Now I will post no matter if I walked or not.I will just keep track of my steps and mileage off line but will continue with my walking and riding my stationary bike.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Whatever works to motivate you best is what you need to do. I have been thinking about the pedometer but do not really understand how it works. I would think you would have to wear it around your ankle, leg or some part of your body to detect movement but the one I looked at shows you can put it in your pocket. Well that just blew my mind.

Nancy said...

Andrea....most pedometers that I have seen are worn on your waist band.They have a clip that is used to clip it on your waist band.My pedometer is a simple one that just counts my steps.I have had more elaborate ones which I found a little too complicated for my liking.Directions come with a pedometer telling you how to wear it on your waist band.Hope this info helps.

dot said...

I keep looking at them in WalMart but just can't bring myself to buy one. I do LOVE gadgets tho!
I had intended to show more of cumberland island today but I got so disgusted at blogger not wanting to post my picture that I ended up grabbing the first thing I saw that didn't require much writing with it just so I could get to bed.