Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween


Since I will be gone most of the day tomorrow I thought that I would go ahead and post an update about our Halloween.


This is a picture of our two grandchildren in their wagon being pulled by their mother(our daughter).I walked behind the wagon making sure they were sitting and safe.They wouldn't cooperate and look at me when I was snapping the picture.At least I have a picture of them in the wagon together.


The really odd thing about this Halloween was going out Trick or Treating in daylight.Ever since I was child we trick or treated in the dark which came around 6.This year because daylight savings time doesn't end till the first Sunday in November we still have daylight at 6 PM.


Since it was still daylight when we started out I was able to take some pictures while my grandchildren were actually trick or treating.The pictures were usually taken before the children started out trick or treating.


There were so many children trick or treating in our daughter's neighborhood.Since it is a relatively flat area many people come from out of the neighborhood and park and take their children around that area trick or treating.The homeowners in that area go through lots of candy.Our son in law stayed at their house and gave out their candy.They had quite a bit of candy but ran our within 1 1/2 hours.There was still 1/2 hour to go but they turned their light off for the last half hour.That is the signal that either someone isn't home or they don't have candy.Once the porch light was out no more children came to the door.It was such a nice evening that our son in law was able to sit outside and give out the candy.That is what most of the homeowners did.


Wonder if I am the only one that didn't like having daylight at the beginning of trick or treating? It just seemed so odd after having darkness at 6 for trick or treating all of the other years.

3 comments:

dot said...

I noticed the difference in the time also and didn't much like it. I do wish they wouldn't change the time.
That's a cute picture of the grandchildren in the wagon! I bet they didn't care if it was dark or day light.

Andrea said...

I was so glad when my grandson came in this morning without his candy. I am glad he left it at home so I am not tempted with it. I sent my leftover candy to work with my husband this morning so all candy is out of the house and there are no temptations for me.

Joanne said...

I noticed the difference, too. Many of the trick-or-treaters in our area didn't even start coming around until after 7, when it was actually dark.
The kids look so cute in their wagon. I bet they had a lot of fun :)